School hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Students should NOT arrive earlier than 7:30 a.m. or remain on campus later than 3:30 p.m. unless they are participating in a supervised activity. Supervision IS NOT provided for students who arrive before 7:30 a.m. or remain later than 3:30 p.m. These procedures are designed for the safety and well-being of your children.
Personal Data Information
Please notify the Office immediately, in writing, if your home, work, or emergency phone numbers have changed. A change of address requires 2 proofs of the new residence, In case of an emergency, we MUST have a current phone number through which you may be contacted.
Bus service is provided for students who live in designated areas. Students who usually ride a bus must bring a note signed by parent/guardian if they are to go home by other means. Unless the teacher receives written notification from the parent/guardian, your child will ride the bus home as usual. Students may get off at a different bus stop with a note from parent and signed by the Principal ONLY if the request is for the student’s regular bus. Requests for students to ride a different bus home with another student must be pre-approved by parent calling the district transportation office for the North Central Area (534-7300).
Students may ride bicycles and scooters to school as long as they practice safety and a helmet is worn, as required by law. Students must “walk” their bikes and scooters on campus. It is strongly recommended that bikes be locked during school hours. Students and parents must assume total responsibility for lost or stolen bicycles. Skateboards and roller blades are not permitted on school grounds or on the bus.
Students are NOT to be on campus prior to 7:30 a.m. and should be picked up by 3:30 p.m. SUPERVISION IS NOT PROVIDED BEFORE 7:30 A.M. OR AFTER 3:30 P.M. At the beginning of the school year, please discuss how you expect your child to get home with his/her teacher. IF THERE IS A CHANGE IN YOUR STANDARD ROUTINE, SEND A NOTE TO THE TEACHER. These arrangements must be planned for ahead of time. Students will NOT be permitted to use school phones regarding changes in transportation. WITHOUT A NOTE STUDENTS WILL GO HOME THEIR REGULAR WAY.
Car Rider Procedures
- Car rider pick-up is located at the front of the school, and cars must line up along 8th street.
- No parking is allowed along the cemetery and at the Winter Haven Recreational and Cultural Center for the purpose of picking up students.
- Parents may not pick up students “on foot” – you MUST be in the car rider line.
- Students are not permitted to walk across the parking lot, even with a parent. The front of the school is the only pick-up location. The teacher parking lot, visitor parking spaces, and grassy area behind the teacher parking lot is not an approved location.
- Parents MUST pull as far forward as possible towards the car in front of them before stopping. This is necessary to keep the line moving as quickly as possible.
- Please do NOT pull out of line until the car in front of you begins to move. This is Important for the safety of our students and the staff members on duty.
- At the start of the school year, car rider lines may be lengthy. After a smooth routine is established, the car rider pick-up takes no more than 15-20 minutes.
- Safety and efficiency are our priorities. Your cooperation is very important.
- Please share this information with any family members who will pick up your student.
- The map below shows how cars should line up and move during the afternoon pick up process.
Thank you as we all work together to keep our students and staff safe.
If a student is not in class at the 8:00 bell he/she will be marked tardy by the teacher. After 8:00 all students need to report to the office to receive a tardy slip. If a student is tardy they must bring a note for it to be excused, otherwise it is unexcused. When a student is absent, the parent/guardian is required to phone the school at 291-5373 and speak to Ms. Martinez on the day of the absence. A note MUST be sent with the student when they return. The note must have the student’s name, date(s) of absence, the specific reason for the absence, and have the signature of the parent/guardian.
August 15, 2015
To: JSA Office,
After the 4th unexcused tardy, students will receive a Tardy Notification form.
- 4th Unexcused Tardy mark is a written warning
- 5th Unexcused Tardy is a 2 hour work detail
- 6th Unexcused Tardy is a 4 hour work detail
- 7th Unexcused Tardy is ISS (In School Suspension) and all subsequent Unexcused Tardies will result in an Attendance Contract Violation.